This year we are hosting two separate cosplay contests! You will get your chance to win cash prizes twice! Isn't that cool? Saturday will be a judges vote competition and all the rules below will apply. Sunday is more of a popularity contest with a villainous theme.
We are excited to announce that this year we have also opened up pre-registration for our cosplay contests. The form is at the bottom of this page!
We know many of you put lots of time and effort into you cosplay and we wanted to give you more time to show off all your talent. We can't wait to see with you come up with for LionCon 2021!
All Cosplay Contest participants must be paid attendees of LionCon. Participants must register at the Cosplay Contest Booth during the show. The Cosplay Contest Booth will be open until 3:00 PM on Saturday for registration for the various contests listed below. Costumers may only enter one costume.
Entry Classes are:
Scores given for workmanship, along with presentation. Our Judge(s) will look for technical skill, finishing, fit, handling of fabric and materials, etc.
1) The cosplay contest and the show are intended to be family-friendly and appropriate. Please use good judgment. Costumes will be evaluated by Cosplay Contest Staff. Should a costume be deemed inappropriate, the contestant could be disqualified from the contest.
2) The LionCon Head staff reserves the right to eliminate anyone from competition based on behavior, danger to the audience/other contestants, or for any reason deemed sufficient.
3) Costumes that have won any category award at previous LionCon contests may not be entered again.
4) Costumes that have won a category award at another convention the same or similar size as LionCon must have at least 50% updates and must be entered at the next craftsmanship level. (Masters can continue to enter in master class.)
5) For Journeyman and Master category: If entering Journeyman class - All costumes must be at least 60% made by the costumer, 40% can consist of an altered or purchased item/clothing. If you made the costume but have someone modeling it, please also be present at pre-judging so the judges may address you about the crafting. If entering Master class, it is expected that you have made 70% or more of your costume. If you have questions about the percentage rule, please email to the cosplay department for clarification. (email@example.com)
6) Young children must be under the control of a responsible adult at all times.
7) No changing areas, repair/make-up supplies, or storage areas are provided for costumers. Please come to the contest with everything you need for your costume.
8) Costumers will be required to sign a release for use of photos.
9) No whiners! Contestants are presumed to be adults, or under the supervision of one. All judges’ decisions are final.
10) All Cosplay Contest participants must be paid attendees of LionCon.